Capture 8MP photos and 640x480 video of wildlife or trespassers with the MP8 Black Digital Trail Camera in Mossy Oak Country rom Covert Scouting Cameras. The passive infrared (PIR) motion sensor captures images when triggered by subject movement, and its 0.9-sec motion trigger speed helps ensure that shots are not missed. The MP8 can also operate in time-lapse mode, capturing images at scheduled intervals without the PIR sensor being triggered. These captured shots can then be stitched together into a video showing change over time. A built-in, 40-LED, invisible infrared flash allows for bright after-dark images while remaining completely discreet, so as not to spook or alert game or other humans.
The MP8 Black records photos and videos to optional SDHC memory cards up to 32GB. Power is provided by 4-8 AA batteries or an external 6V battery connected to the camera's auxiliary power jack.
Photo and Video Capture:
- Maximum still image resolution of 8MP
- Other resolutions include 5MP and 3MP
- Video recorded at VGA 640x480 or QVGA 320x240
- Use Start-Stop function to choose when camera will be active, if you don't want it active all day and night
- Passive infrared (PIR) sensor captures images when triggered by subject movement
- Detects changes in temperature that occur when subjects move, and signals camera to take photo or record video in response
- 0.9-sec motion trigger speed helps ensure camera won't miss the shot
- Selectable delay times of 5-60 sec (in 5-sec increments) and 1-60 min for interval between trigger events
- Camera can operate in time-lapse mode, capturing images independently of PIR sensor at scheduled intervals
- Photos can be stitched together into a video showing change over time
- Selectable interval times: 5-60 sec (in 5-sec increments), 2-60 min, and 1-8 h
- Can be active at same time as motion-detection mode, so you won't miss opportunities for shots that occur in between scheduled time-lapse intervals
- Built-in, 40-LED, invisible infrared flash allows for bright after-dark images while remaining completely discreet, so as not to spook or alert game or other humans
- Setup, Display, and Options
- 1" color LCD monitor for settings and options selection, as well as viewing your images
- Date, time, temperature, and moon phase stamping on images
- By recording phase of moon at time of capture, camera allows you to see which animals are inactive during full or nearly-full moon--when brighter lighting conditions make them more visible to predators
- Moon phase also helps determine if brighter or darker backgrounds in images are due to fullness of moon
- Records photos and videos to optional SDHC memory cards up to 32GB
- Overwrite function saves new photos over old ones if memory card becomes full. Each time new photo is taken, oldest photo on card will be overwritten
- Runs on 4-8 user-supplied AAs
- Short-term operation possible with 4 AAs, but 8 highly recommended to give you longer shooting time
- Can also run on optional, external 6V battery connected to camera's auxiliary power jack
- Reinforced threaded connector for tripod or tree/post mount
- Weather-resistant housing for protection against elements during extended outdoor use
- Camera Type: Trail/Wildlife
- Resolution: Maximum: 8.0 MP
- Sensor: Passive infrared (PIR) motion sensor with 0.9-sec trigger speed
- File Formats: JPGS
- Sensitivity: PIR Sensor: Low, normal, and high settings
- Burst Capability: 2-10 shots in rapid succession in photo burst mode
- Interval Recording: Yes, time-lapse shooting at scheduled intervals without camera being triggered by motion Selectable Intervals: 5-60 sec (in 5-sec increments), 2-60 min, and 1-8 h Can be active at same time as PIR motion sensor
- Built-in Flash: Yes - 40-LED, invisible infrared flash
- Memory Card Type: SDHC cards up to 32 GB (not included)
- Video Recording: Yes
- Video Resolution: VGA 640x480, QVGA 320x240
- Video Clip Length: 5.0-60 sec
- Display: 1.0" / 2.5 cm color LCD screen
- Playback: Yes
- Connectivity: Auxiliary power jack for external battery
Mini-USB port for image transfer to computer
- Battery Type: 4-8 x user-supplied AAs
Optional, external 6.0 V battery connected to auxiliary power jack
- Dimensions: 5.10" x 4" x 2.90"
- Weight: 2 lbs
- Color: Mossy Oak Country
Most Orders Ship Out Same Day!
As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment, we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
If your order is stock and we process the charges to your credit card, it will ship within five business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If your item(s) do arrived damaged, please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
Cancellations & Refunds:
All orders cancelled after 48 hours are subject to a $20 administration fee, whether or not your order has shipped. If you order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.